Thursday, January 31, 2013

All Top Chef Interview with Stefan Richter, Continued

ATC: This is Laura Kluvo from All Top Chef and I am on the phone with Stefan Richter. Hi Stefan.

SR: What's happening?

ATC: Going in to the competition, did you feel that you had an advantage?

SR: I think it was a disadvantage to be honest. You kind of dread what is going to happen. The waiting and the stew room, it is really harsh. You see two minutes of it, but it is actually five hours. What do we do? We drink and we bicker. It's very difficult. I knew that going in.

ATC: Which was your favorite challenge?

SR: The Berry Farm. It reminded me of Finland!

ATC: Did you do anything in particular to prepare for the competition?

SR: There is really nothing you can do to prepare. I mean you would think that appearing on a previous season would be good preparation, but each season has different challenges and different competitors. It is impossible to prepare.

ATC: Have you remained in touch with the other chefs?

SR: Oh yes of course, all of them. Kristen, John, Brooke, Josh...

ATC: If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently?

SR: No.

ATC: You stand by your dish.

SR: Absolutely. I have been a judge on Top Chef in Finland and I know that it is all just a matter of personal preference. I don't feel that any judge "didn't like me," it's just the way it goes.

ATC: Tell us about your restaurant.

SR: I have three steakhouses in Finland - plans to open three more in the next year.

Stefan's LA Farm is in Santa Monica. We have just renovated, I have a new entrance, patios, seven fire pits, come and visit!

ATC: I have a reader question from Kathy - Was your first time really on a ship? I thought it was a babysitter…

SR:…yeah…

ATC….

ATC: How is your mom?

SR: She is okay, I mean fifteen years with Parkinson's disease is no picnic but she is doing okay. I visit her about six times a year.

ATC: What are you working on now?

SR: Expanding in Finland, adding new menu items, I am very busy.

ATC: Are you working on any new television projects?

SR: Yes, actually…

ATC: Please keep us posted.

SR: I certainly will.

ATC: Stefan, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

SR: I want to say thank you to everyone who is watching, blogging, tweeting and supporting me. Its not over, you can still vote to "save" me.

No comments:

Post a Comment