Thursday, February 14, 2013

ATC Interview with Joshua Valentine, Continued

ATC:  This is Laura Kluvo from All Top Chef and I'm on the phone with Joshua Valentine.  Hi Josh.

JV:  How are you?

ATC:  Did you watch the episode last night?

JV:  I did.

ATC:  With your wife?

JV:  Yes, of course she cried.  She tried not to, but she did.


ATC:  How did she feel about seeing and hearing herself on the show?

JV:  Well, obviously she just had a baby so she wasn't totally happy with how she looked, but besides that she loved it.


ATC:  How old is Georgia now?

JV: Six months.  She is starting to crawl and to get into trouble.

ATC:  Do you have other children?

JV:  Yes, I have two from a previous marriage.  They are six and four.  Isabella and Lola.

ATC:  If you could go back, what would you do differently in the final challenge?

JV:  I might not have been so ambitious or adventurous in trying to do three composed dishes.  I think I might have bit off a little more than I could chew.

ATC:  Who is your best friend from the cast?

JV:  That's hard!  Sheldon and I are probably the closest.  Also Stefan, Brooke, Kristen.  We are all pretty tight.

ATC:  Which was your favorite challenge?

JV:  The most fun challenge was actually the Reynolds Wrap Challenge.  It was such a blind thing and opening up the foil and seeing what you had was just such a surprise.

Obviously I also liked the fried chicken challenge.  I was very comfortable with it.  It just kind of came naturally.

ATC:  Is that where you won the wine?

JV:  Yes.

ATC:  Have you received the wine yet?

JV:  Not yet!

ATC:  What was the best thing about competing on Top Chef?

JV:  For me it is the amazing friends, the camaraderie.  That's what I take away from it.  It was a lot of fun.  I mean it's a competition, but you are also doing what you love so it's really fun.

ATC:  Tell us about FT33.

JV:  Right now I am the pastry chef.  We have been open for about 5 months.  We were just named the "Best New Restaurant of 2012" in Dallas.

ATC:  What does "FT33" mean?

JV:  It's kind of a restaurant term - "Fire Table 33."  We are an open-kitchen restaurant. Thirty-three is kind of the chef's table.  It is elevated and the diners can see into the kitchen and watch as everything is plated.

ATC:  What is the most popular pastry item on the menu?

JV:  The menu changes regularly because we are very seasonal.  Right now we have a peanut butter panna cotta dessert - that one is very popular.  Everyone likes chocolate and peanut butter.

Probably one of the more interesting desserts right now is the Olive Oil Financier with Juniper Ganache and Apple Celery Sorbet and Compressed Celery with Gin.

ATC:  Yum.

ATC:  Josh, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

JV:  Yes, I want to thank everyone for supporting me.  For your messages especially about Georgia.  It was a lot of fun and I appreciate the fans.

ATC;  Thank you Josh.

JV:  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment