Friday, January 18, 2013

All Top Chef Interview with Kristen Kish, Continued

ATC:  This is Laura Kluvo from All Top Chef, and I'm on the phone with Kristen Kish, Hi Kristen.

KK:  Hi Laura.

ATC:  Your elimination was completely shocking and disappointing.

KK:  Yes, it was heartbreaking to watch it and to re-live it as well, but all is good.

ATC:  So you watch ed the episode last night?

KK:  Yes,  of course, yes.

ATC:  The viewers certainly saw that Josie was slow and you had to make concessions for her lack of expertise, but the judges didn't see any of that.

KK:  Right, and that's okay.  I mean that is part of my job, to communicate and to get my point of view across.  I just didn't want to stand up there and fight.  It would have been a losing battle anyway.

ATC:  You showed a lot of integrity.

KK:  I hope so.

ATC:  Knowing that you beat CJ in Last Chance Kitchen gives us all hope that we will see you again in the finale.

KK:  Thank you, I hope so too.

ATC:  If you could go back, would you do anything differently?

KK:  There are a million things I would do differently.  Maybe a different menu.  Not as ambitious.

ATC:  Did you watch the previous seasons of the show?

KK:  Here and there, yes.

ATC:  So, going in, did you have a plan for Restaurant Wars?

KK:  No.  It was spontaneous.  I mean I hoped that I would make it to the Restaurant Wars Challenge, but I was just taking it week by week.

ATC:  You were almost always on the top and Josie was often on the bottom, so it was very surprising to see that the judges eliminated you.  Were you surprised as well?

KK:  A little, I mean I made mistakes as well, and as the leader of the losing team, I kind of expected it.

ATC:  Who is your best friend from the cast?

KK:  Brooke for sure.

ATC:  Which was your favorite challenge?

KK:  All the challenges where I won money.

ATC:  How much did  you win?

KK:  $45,000.

ATC:  Have you received your check yet?

KK:  No, and that is probably a good thing.  I wouldn't know what to do with it.

ATC:  Are you still at Stir?

KK:  Yes I am.

ATC:  Besides cooking, what do you enjoy in your spare time?

KK:  Being with friends, music, and the arts.  I studied piano and I love it.  Everything in music and art.

ATC:  What are your plans for the future?

KK:  I am very happy where I am.  I don't want to change anything right now.

ATC:  Are you recognized in the street?  Are fans asking for your photo and autograph?

KK:  Yes.  I am stopped in the street or at Starbucks and people are always waving at me.  We have several restaurants on the same street and as I walk into each one to get supplies or whatever, the patrons will greet me.  It's great.

ATC:  Chef Kristen, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

KK:  Thank you so much for all of the support.  It has been incredible.  I'm very very happy and I couldn't be more proud of the support that I am getting.

ATC:  Thank you Chef Kristen.

KK:  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment