Thursday, January 10, 2013

All Top Chef Interview with Micah Fields, Continued

ATC:  This is Laura Kluvo from All Top Chef and I'm on the phone with Top Chef Seattle contestant, Micah Fields.  Hi Micah!

MF:  Hello.

ATC:  Did you watch the episode last night?

MF:  Of course I did!

ATC:  Was there anything that surprised you?

MF:  Well the part about me being a "Beverly Hills Chef" was edited a little...funny.  I do not consider myself a "Beverly Hills Chef."  I was trying to make the point that there are all sorts of demographics that enjoy raw food - everyone from the Ladies from Beverly Hills, to sushi-lovers from Japan, there are a lot of ways to prepare and appreciate raw food.  The grocery store didn't have the products that I was hoping for and it wasn't exactly what I wish I could have made.

ATC:  Did you watch the previous seasons of the show?

MF:  I watched Top Chef Texas...Top Chef New York.  I have seen about three seasons..

ATC:  Did you do anything in particular to prepare for the show?

MF:  Yes I did.  As soon as I learned that we would be in Seattle, I practiced a lot of seafood preparations.  I also brushed up on my pastry skills, even though I didn't have the opportunity to do any pastry.  It was a lot of pressure having five HD cameras on you.  It's impossible to prepare for that.

ATC:  Are you still working at The Standard in Los Angeles?

MF:  Yes I am.

ATC:  I have been there!  Is it still yellow?

MF:  Yes it is.

ATC:  What is the most popular item on the menu?

MF:  We actually just changed the dinner menu...we have a lamb rib...our ravioli changes on a daily basis...We also have a "burger of the week" that is very popular.  I have been there for about two years, so that is a hundred different burgers.  It's been popular and also very fun.

ATC:  Which was your favorite challenge?

MF:  Definitely the foil challenge.  When you don't know what you are going to cook with and you only have 30 minutes to cook it. That's a real task.

ATC:  If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently?

MF:  I would take more risks, move out of my comfort zone.  I would have pushed my limits.   I would do more seafood...

ATC:  Tell us a little bit about your daughters.

MF:  They are twins - five years old- their names are Sage and Saffron.

ATC:  Who are you best friends from the cast?

MF:  Kristen and I definitely had a connection.  Sheldon as well...Stefan... Obviously I am closest with the LA-based chefs.  I hang out with C.J. a lot.   I saw Brooke the other night.  The only one from L.A. that I haven't met up with is Kuniko.  She is busy opening a new restaurant.  Of course I will visit as soon as I can.

ATC:  Chef Micah, we are almost out of time, is there anything else that you would like to say to your fans?

MF:  Yes, please vote to "Save Chef Micah."

ATC:  Thank you!

MF:  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment