Thursday, February 28, 2013

ATC Interview with Brooke Williamson, Continued

ATC:  This is Laura Kluvo from All Top Chef and I'm on the phone with Top Chef Seattle Finalist, Brooke Williamson.  Hi Brooke.

BW:  Hi.

ATC:  Congratulations on making it all the way to the finale?

BW:  Thank you very much.

ATC:  Do you think it was harder to fight your way through all of the challenges, or to fight back in Last Chance Kitchen?

BW:  That's a good questions.  They are both hard.  Last Chance Kitchen is more predictable.  You know it is 30 minutes.  You know Tom is your judge and you know you have to beat one chef.  It's do or die.

ATC:  We didn't see how you chose your sous chefs.

BW:  We flipped a coin and chose after the Craft Challenge.

ATC:  Who was your first choice?

BW:  CJ.

ATC:  How many challenges did you win?  And how much money?

BW:  I won eight challenges, three quickfires, five eliminations.  No money, but I did win a car, a cruise, and a trip to Costa Rica.

ATC:  Have you received the car?

BW:  Not yet.

ATC:  Who was your best friend from the cast?

BW:  I would say Kristen.

ATC:  Which was your favorite challenge?

BW:  The Berry Farm Challenge.  It was a lovely setting and a lot of fun.  I also liked the salmon challenge.

ATC:  It was fun to meet your family.  They must be very proud of you.

BW:  Yes, they are a very proud bunch.

ATC:  Did you son see himself on TV?

BW:  I think he did watch the show, but I haven't seen his reaction yet.

ATC:  Did you do anything to prepare for the finale?

BW:  I chose my dishes, but not until about a week before the finale.  I didn't have a whole lot of time to practice anything.  I didn't really do much to prepare the first time either.  I just back got into the swing of things at work.

ATC:  It must have been hard to prepare 150 plates for each course.  How long were you in there?

BW:  It was a very long day.  Very long.  The day from start to finish was very long.  The prep, the service, the interviews afterward.  It was long.

ATC:  I was very surprised that you didn't go all the way to the dessert round.  Were you also surprised?

BW:  I was surprised.  I was very disappointed that I didn't get to make my dessert.  I felt that it was a really great dessert and I wanted to present it.

ATC:  What are you working on now?  Are you still at Hudson House?

BW:  Yes, Hudson House and The Tripel.  We are looking for a location for a new spot.  We will stay in the area, Redondo Beach and Playa del Rey.

ATC:  Brooke, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

BW:  Thank you for all of the support.  It has been incredible.  I have been back in touch with people I haven't seen in years. and it has been really great.

ATC:  Thank you Brooke.

BW:  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment