Friday, March 2, 2012

All Top Chef Interview with Top Chef Texas Champion, Paul Qui - Continued

ATC: This is Laura Kluvo from All Top Chef and I'm on the phone with Top Chef Texas Champion, Paul Qui. Congratulations, Paul!

PQ: Thank you so much.

ATC: How much money did you win total in all of the challenges and the finale?

PQ: $185,000, the Prius and two trips!

ATC: That must be a record! Have you received your check yet?

PQ: Not yet.

ATC: The car?

PQ: Not yet.

ATC: Paul, what did you do to prepare for the finale?

PQ: I just got back to the restaurant and got on the line and basically did my thing and kept on cooking.

ATC: Was it helpful to see your family there at the finale?

PQ: Yes, it was wonderful to see my parents and my girl. I got a second burst of energy. I thought, "I've got to push."

ATC: Who was your best friend from the cast?

PQ: Ed.

ATC: What advice would you give to future contestants?

PQ: Just focus on the cooking. Don't worry about anything else.

ATC: What is the name of your restaurant?

PQ: It's called Uchiko.

ATC: Have you added anything to the menu since appearing on the show?

PQ: Yes. I mean we have a portion of the menu that always changes.

ATC: Do you have plans to open up a restaurant of your own?

PQ: Eventually yes.

ATC: Your girlfriend is really cute. Any personal plans?

PQ: Yes hopefully we are making plans for our future together.

ATC: You were very smart to discard the crab and make the adjustment. Do you know what went wrong with the crab?

PQ: I don't know. It was fresh Dungeness Crab. It sort of soured overnight.

ATC: Did you watch the episode last night?

PQ: Yes.

ATC: Was there anything that surprised you?

PQ: Well, no. It was almost drama free. I mean most of the drama was Tyler, on Sarah's Team, but it was straight cooking for us.

ATC: Who was your most helpful sous chef?

PQ: They were all helpful in different ways. Barbara Lynch. She was amazing and brought great energy. They were all great.

ATC: What was the best thing about competing on Top Chef?

PQ: Meeting and getting to work with the other chefs. Being on Top Chef makes me feel like I am "staging" in a lot of different kitchens. Getting the feedback from all of the judges is like staging their kitchens.

ATC: Paul, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

PQ: Thank you for your support. Come to Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment