Thursday, June 16, 2011

ATC Interview with JJ Johnson Continued

ATC: Did you watch the episode last night?

JJ: Of course I did.

ATC: Who watched with you?

JJ: My mom, my dad, friends, family.

ATC: Have you received your check yet?

JJ: I have not. I will be checking the mailbox every day at about 1:00 until it arrives.

ATC: How will you spend the money?

JJ: You’re gonna laugh, but I want to take $20,000 and turn it into a million.

I’m gonna invest into some products that I’ve been working on and that I believe in. A food social network platform called Urpalate.com. I’m working on a healthy lifestyle drink containing oatmeal called OMJ.

These are products that I’ve been working on for a while. I don’t want to go to investors, I want to fund these myself.

I would also like to donate some of my money to my dad’s non-profit basketball program.

ATC: Do you watch Top Chef?

JJ: Of course I watch Top Chef!

ATC: Did you know the celebrities at the dinner party?

JJ: Yeah, of course I recognized Marcus and Kelly. Everyone else I recognized. I might not have known them. It was funny when I watching with my friends, they were like, “Wow, you cooked for this guy?" Or “You cooked for her?”

ATC: How did you learn about the opportunity to compete on the show?

JJ: I was trying out for Chopped and they didn’t put me on the show for some reason. The same casting agency sent me an e-mail and application for another show. I wasn’t sure what it was for, I thought maybe Top Chef.

I sent it in, they called me back, I had about four castings and I cooked for them. They called me about two days before I had to arrive for the show.

ATC: I have a feeling Chopped will be calling you back now.

JJ: I’m not going on.

ATC: JJ, we are almost out of time. Is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

JJ: Yes, look out for Chef JJ, follow me on twitter, friend me on facebook and I will be opening a pop-up restaurant in NYC.

Thank you JJ.

Click here to comment.

No comments: