Tuesday, December 4, 2012

All Top Chef Interview with Carla Pellegrino

ATC:  This is Laura Kluvo from All Top Chef and I'm on the phone with Chef Carla Pellegrino - Hi Carla!

CP:  Hi Laura, How are you?

ATC:  Did you watch the episode last night?

CP:  Yes, I did when I got home last night, because I knew I had these interviews!

ATC:  Was there anything that surprised you as you watched?

CP:  No, it was pretty much how it happened.

ATC:  Have you watched the previous seasons of Top Chef?

CP:  Never.  I have never watched.  I know it was a big problem, and I know it was my homework.  I was opening up two new restaurants and I know I should have watched.  They actually sent me the videos, but I did not have time to watch.

ATC:  Who were your best friends from the cast?

CP:  Kuniko and Jeff.

ATC:  If you could go back, what would you do differently?

CP:  I would have done my homework.  I don't like the competition side of anything.  This was more of a business decision.  If I had watched, I would have realized that this is a game.  You need to strategize There is a lot of game playing.  I am a horrible player.  I don't gamble.  I thought, "I can cook, that will be enough."

ATC:  And what about the squab?  Is there something you would do differently?  How did you end up with the squab?

CP:  Actually I was avoiding the squab.  I tried to get the steak and then the onion soup.  CJ was really playing the game  They decided to give me the squab and I didn't stand up to them.  I actually hate to cook small birds and I know that you can't serve it on the bone, but there is no time to bone all of these birds.  So I did the best I could.

ATC:  Tell us about your restaurants?

CP:  I have opened The Meatball Spot.  I think I might have too many locations.  We have been serving about 1000 people every night.  We have been getting a lot of celebrities.  It is located out in the middle of nowhere.  It is hard to get there.  I think the show has helped to get the word out.  So, I have to thank Bravo.

This restaurant is going to be the first of many.  Now I just have to learn to roll meatballs faster.

ATC:  What was the best thing about appearing on Top Chef?

CP:  Well television is a very powerful tool.  It is so soon, but I can definitely see that this is bringing more business to my restaurants.  I expect that there will be even more opportunities in the future.

ATC:  Have you been recognized in the street?

CP:  I was a little bit of a local celebrity already.  Now it is much more though yes.  I have been posing for alot of photos and signing autographs.  A lot of kids actually.  And my followers on twitter are unbelievable - I picked up 20,000 followers since appearing on the show.  So I know that appearing on the show has brought a lot of popularity.

ATC:  Chef Carla, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

CP:  Yes.  Please vote for me!  Hopefully you will see me back on Bravo.  Thank you to all of my fans.


No comments:

Post a Comment