Thursday, September 13, 2012

All Top Chef Interview with Patricia Yeo, Continued

ATC:  This is Laura Kluvo with All Top Chef and I'm on the phone with Master Chef Patricia Yeo.  Hi Patricia.

PY:  Hello, How are you?

ATC:  Good, thank you.

ATC:  Congratulations on your very strong showing in the competition.

PY:  Thank you.  I had a lot of fun.

ATC:  What was the best thing about appearing on Top Chef Masters?

PY:  Being with the group of chefs was just wonderful.  I mean Kerry and Missy and Sue I have known for a while and we do events together, but we have never worked side by side.  It was great getting to know other chefs like Takashi and Thierry - and of course Chris, I just love Chris.

ATC:  Did you watch the episode last night?

PY:  No, I actually can't watch myself so I haven't watched a single episode.

ATC:  I totally understand.

ATC:  Have you participated in any other cooking competitions?

PY:  Iron Chef.

ATC:  You did Iron Chef?  How did it go?

PY:  Very well.  It was a lot of work.  The cooking is all very real, you really only have the hour - it was a lot of fun.  [Note:  Yeo went up against Chef Morimoto in "Battle Tofu" in season 3 of Iron Chef America.]

ATC:  Have you been recognized in the street?

PY:  Yes, in the strangest places. Not so much at home in Boston or Cambridge but when I travel.  In New York and Chicago.

ATC:  Which was your favorite challenge?

PY:  Crikey.  Strangely enough, I liked the Thai Restaurant Challenge because I like that cuisine.  I also liked the "Diner en Blanc" challenge.  It was truly amazing how quickly the whole thing was set up and broken down.  It was beautiful.

ATC:  Have you ever heard of the "Diner en Blanc" before?

PY:  No.

ATC:  Tell us about your restaurant?

PY:  I am actually no longer at the restaurant.  I am right now working on development for an equity firm.

ATC:  You are not cooking every day in a restaurant?

PY:  No I am not, I am involved in setting up four different projects right now which will be opening soon and I will be involved in the initial set-up but not in the daily cooking.  I am 52 years old and I don't want to be on my feet from 7:00 am - 11:00 pm.

ATC:  Tell us about your charity.

PY:  My charity is Heifer Project International.  The foundation buys animals - livestock for farmers in various countries.  So you can buy a llama for someone in Peru, or a beehive for  someone in Alabama, or a flock of chickens for someone in Thailand.  Instead of just giving someone a chicken, you give them a flock and they can raise the flock and have eggs.  They actually can build a small business.  It is a wonderful charity.

ATC:  Patricia, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

PY:  Crikey, you know, everyone has been so supportive.  I appreciate all of the emails and messages.  I want everyone to know that this really was just so much fun and all of us will remain friends for a long time.  It was a wonderful experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment